Dave "Doc" Piltz
Mary Kay Piltz
Dennis Johnson Jr.
Steve St. George
In memory of...
All St. Paul Chapter Road Captains are volunteers and are present on our Chapter rides to help assure the safety of all ride participants. On each ride, the Road Captains have the following responsibilities:
- Help the Ride Leader facilitate rides and be comfortable in leading a ride safely from start to finish
- If you will be the Ride Leader design a safe ride route
- All participating Road Captains should pre-ride routes prior to ride date
- Help make sure all riders and passengers have either signed in or, if guests, signed waivers
- Demonstrate hand signals during the pre-ride briefing and point out any safety considerations along the route
- Serve as mentors to Assistant Road Captains
- Discretely provide constructive tips to participants on the rides, as may be necessary
- Help position riders on ride based on their preference
- Do NOT block intersections
- Others duties as assigned by the Head Road Captain
The Chapter encourages anyone wishing to become a Road Captain (or R.C.) to:
- Have a valid Driver's License and Motorcycle endorsement
- Be a current St. Paul H.O.G.® member
- Serve as a Prospect to a Certified Road Captain for six or more rides (be assigned to a Road Captain by the Sergeant of Arms two days prior to each ride).
- Must lead three (3) Chapter Ride and Sweep three (3) Chapter Ride.
- It is a plus if you have any type of First Aid or CPR and skill riding classes, But Not Necessary
To continue as a Road Captain in subsequent riding seasons, you are encouraged to:
- Maintain current St. Paul H.O.G.® membership
- Commit to and lead or assist in 3 or more rides per season
To check the status of a Chapter ride Call the H.O.G.® Hot Line at (952) 985-3056